THE UKRAINE REPORT - JANUARY 2021
Happy New Year from Ron and Nancy Minton in Ukraine. We spent most of December, 2020 in the States. Time goes by so quickly. We had hoped to visit some grand-kids, but almost all were sick. But the last few days they were well enough for us to visit for a short time. The other family lived too far away and we didn’t have the time to get there. We will be grandparents again soon. That will give us ten grandchildren. The first is now in college. They grow up quickly so influence your kin while you can.
Thank you for you partnering with us. We are proud to be your missionaries and if you gave money or prayed for us, you equally share in God’s work over here.
Last year was an amazing one for the ministry and we wanted to send you a summary.
2020 IN REVIEW:
The 2020 Bible college year ended strong. Like almost every other ministry, Covid-19 slowed everything down, but we had scheduled extra classes and some were cancelled just as we predicted. But by God’s grace, even in “2020 - The Covid Year,” we had the most classes since we started in 2005. We had even more classes, but we do not include some shorter non-credit classes. Some info is as follows:
1. In 2020 we had 28 classes - an all time high since our start in 2005.
2. In 2020 we used 12 different teachers - an all time high.
3. In 2020 we had our first class in one new Ukraine city.
4. In 2020 we had more than 100 first time students take classes.
5. During 2005 - 2020 the total number of people who have registered and taken at least one class was about 2,100 (final statistics will be known in a month or two).
6. During 2005 - 2020 the number of classes increased 13 years and was the same 3 times.
In December we went to the States for four weeks and had combined 12 medical events - tests, minor treatments, and checkups. Thanks to the mercy and grace of Jesus, we both are still healthy. When we returned to Ukraine we had a very hard time because of Covid test requirements confusion at the airports. We both had Covid tests and were both negative. In many areas, we really experienced the wonderful grace of Jesus in 2020.
- Travel restrictions making scheduling more difficult
- One new country, Estonia, where we plan to start classes
- The large number of people being trained in the Bible college
- Our health, helpers, and churches in these difficult times
It looks like 2021 will be a great year. Always thank the Lord because He has given all of us the chance to serve Him wherever we are. We can only do what we do because of the grace of God and your prayers and help.
Хвала Христу, Он спас меня!
Ron and Nancy Minton in Ukraine